Home page of Marco Pellegrini
Hello and welcome to my homepage.
My Curriculum Vitae
Currently funded projects
- Member of the Steering Committee of The Bioinformatics Italian Society (BITS) NEW!
- Member of the Program Committee of The 11th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media - ICWSM 2017 NEW!
- Member of the Program Committee of European Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Applications - EUROCOMB 2017 NEW!
- Member of the Program Committee of BIOINFORMATICS 2017 NEW!
- Associate Editor of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, specialty section of Frontiers in Genetics and Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology
- Member of the Program Committee of BIOINFORMATICS 2016
- Member of the Local Organizing Committee of WWW2015 . Florence , Italy, May 18-22, 2015.
- Member of the Program Committee of Eurocomb 2015 - European Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Applications .
- Member of the Program Committee of BIOINFORMATICS 2015
- Guest Editor of Frontiers Research Topic on "Repetitive structures in biological sequences: algorithms and applications"
- Member of steering committee for the Tuscany Bioinformatics Days - Bioinformatiha
- Member of the Program Committee of The 8th International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM) 2014
- Member of the Program Committee of BIOINFORMATICS 2014
- Member of the Program Committee of WWW2014 (Track on Social Networks and Graph Analysis)
- General Chair and Program Committee co-chair of Eurocomb 2013 - European Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Applications .
- Co-Organizer of the Workshop Geometry, Structure and Randomness in Combinatorics . September 3-7, 2012. In partnership with Centro di Ricerca Matematica Ennio De Giorgi.
- Co-Chair of the Organizing Committee of BINet 2012: Workshop on Business Intelligence and Network Analysis .
- Member of the Program Committee of SPIRE 2012: 19th International Symposium on String Processing and Information Retrieval .
- Activities of the BioAlgo Group of IIT in Bio-informatics
have produced Amic@ a web-based tool for clustering microarray data
(See article in the 2008 NAR Web Server issue )
and TReaDS a meta search engine for finding Tandem Repeats in DNA sequences.
More details are in the BioAlgo Group web page.
- Activities of the WebAlgo Group of IIT in Information Retrieval and Data Mining for the World Wide Web have produced several tools and software packages. In particular I have participated in developing:
Armil a Clustering Meta-search Engine that allows users to send queries simultaneously to Google and Yahoo. The snippets returned by Google and Yahoo are grouped
by Armil into homogeneous groups by topic.
- Community Watch is a tool for visualizing
dense subgraphs of several snapshots of the web graph: the whole web in 2001, the national domain.it of year 2004
and the national domain .uk of year 2005.
See article in WWW 2007
- VISTO is a tool for making on-the-fly personalized static summaries of short videos.
mail : marco.pellegrini AT iit.cnr.it
Tel : +39-050-3152410
Fax : +39-050-3152333
address: IIT-CNR, Via Moruzzi 1, Pisa 56124, Italy.
Last update: October 4th, 2016
[Home page of former IMC]
[Home page of IIT]